Skip to main content

Wednesday Hodgepodge



June 23rd is National Pink Day. What's your favorite something pink?

Honestly, not a fan of pink. So I guess I would say the pink shade of the sky at sunset. Or the pink in this wedding bouquet at Kyndal's wedding in Cozumel last month. It sure was pretty!



What did you enjoy most about gym class when you were in school? How about the least?

In high school girls only took gym class one year, and usually freshman year to get it done. We had a very strange high school gym teacher. She always took our jewelry from us to keep locked in her office during class, then she would come out with it all hanging from her fingers and say, "Jewelry, ladies???" She looked at us all creepy like. We swore she took our jewelry just so she could look at us changing clothes when she brought it back out to us after class. But in elementary school, gym class was fun! I loved when we played line tag and dodge ball.

What memory is brought to mind by the smell of roses?

Unfortunately, not a good one. My first marriage ruined my extreme love of yellow roses.

Do you prefer to read or write?

I love doing a little of both.

Sam Keen is quoted as saying, "Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability." Would you agree? Is laziness ever respectable? How will you be lazy this summer?

The definition of respectable is "proper, correct, socially acceptable". The lazy days of summer. They are so important. These are days when it is important for us to recharge and rejuvenate for the busy days that begin in August and continue through the months of spring. Laziness for us really comes in the form of sleeping in more often, watching more t.v., taking more naps, and reading more.

The Florida Keys, Disney World, or a resort somewhere on the Gulf Coast ... which Florida destination would you choose (and why) if the trip were today?

If I could leave today I would pack up the kids and head to my parents' house in Pensacola, Florida. That is all the resort I need or desire. It's pure relaxing heaven.

What question do you hate to answer?

When are you going to do some laundry? Ha! I do keep it caught up for the most part, but occasionally I am asked this question.

Insert your own random thought here.

For those of you who have followed the child support saga for the past couple of years, I can now say that it is finally over! All arrearages and judgments have been paid and now it is just a matter of receiving the regular monthly amount for Dawson until he gets out of college. Free at last!

Comments

  1. I too love the pink in a sunset and probably have hundreds of photos of the sunsets from my home. Kyndal must be your daughter. She is beautiful and her color choice of flowers is like our daughter-in-law chose for her wedding.
    I am over here from your friend at Say What?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...your gym teacher certainly does sound strange!! I'm surprised someone didn't complain!!! My students would have had plenty to say!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh.... ugh .... the dreaded laundry question.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS! Free at last, indeed. Happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The flowers were really pretty - like the bride. No idea about the financial drama but glad it is sorted. Dropping by from the Hodgepodge.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We all know that in this crazy world of homeschooling, we need all the (adult) support we can get. Please leave a comment if you so wish!

Popular posts from this blog

ABCya

Eli's reading resource teacher shared a website with me yesterday that I would like to pass along. It's called ABCya . There are separate educational sections with fantastic games for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. I browsed the 2nd grade level, and it includes age-appropriate games about Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Geometry, Patterns, Mouse Manipulation, Art and Holiday games. There are lots and lots of fun and creative games for children to play. They are fun, but oh, so educational. Eli's favorite, in his short time playing it, was Create a Car . A lot of the games also have Apps available for purchase (99 cents for most of them) for the iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for another free website for games similar to Starfall , for some time. I think I have found it. I can feel confident having Eli and Brynne play these games.

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

Last Child in the Woods ~ Chapters 1-4

Welcome to our book study of Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv. To be honest, I have no idea what this "study" is going to look like. I imagine that when we get together I will post about all of the things that caught my eye. And I would ask that you leave a comment, or a link to your own blog post in the comment, about what caught yours. This isn't anything formal, ladies, just a place to talk about what we have read. I have now read the first four chapters of Last Child in the Woods two times. It is just so good. Several things have specifically hit me deep, but in general I just realized that "times, they are a changin'." Things aren't the way they were when we were kids. Chapter 1. Gifts of Nature ~ "When I see birches bend to left and right ... I like to think some boy's been swinging them." ~ Robert Frost What is your definition of nature? What feelings, visions, senses does it conjure up? For me, it's not a