Friday, August 15, 2014
Random 5 on Friday
1. I'm not going to lie .. it's pretty great to be told by my 17 year old son that I am his best friend, that if Taylar ended up like me that he would be happy, and that he would marry me if he could (in jest, of course.) There's something awesome about your teenager actually liking you.
2. My kids are all in the phases of a rotten summer cold. Eli has a sore throat and stuffy nose (the first phase). Brynne has a stuffy nose and is coughing (the second phase). And Dawson is coughing like a maniac (hopefully the last phase). They are all feeling pretty cruddy.
3. I started playing tennis this week with three good friends. I am certainly not a natural, but I learned quick and did okay. It was a lot of fun and great exercise!! I am really looking forward to our next match!
4. Dawson started back to school this week. He is now a senior in high school. Where, oh where, has the time gone. I mean seriously. I just love how individual he is. He is quirky and fun (see the Spiderman backpack?) and I can't believe this is his last year of high school. Oh, and that cute girl with him is Taylar. She's pretty awesome, too.
5. I decided I needed a serious change to my hair. So Kyndal cut it into a short bob, that I will more than likely wear naturally curly most of the time, and colored it to my natural color with highlights. She does such great work. I love it! So fun!